- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesCross-border M&ACorporate & Commercial TransactionsCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceCross-border Transactions (General)Global ComplianceInfrastructure/PPPElectricity/GasNatural Resources & EnergyUnited StatesCanada
- Admitted in Ontario, Canada (2008)
Registered as a Gaikokuho Jimu Bengoshi (Primary Jurisdiction: Ontario, Canada) (2015)
(Not engaged in a Gaikokuho Kyodo Jigyo)
Peter advises both Japanese and global entities on a wide range of complex cross-border transactions and projects. His extensive experience includes advising on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and foreign investment in various industries. He is highly lauded by clients and peers alike for his responsiveness and ability to balance the needs of his clients with astute commercial considerations.
Peter has strong expertise in renewable energy projects, including onshore and offshore wind power, solar PV, biomass and geothermal power projects, both in Japan and abroad. He offers a full range of legal services ranging from project development, portfolio creation and investment to sales as well as negotiating and drafting all types of project documents, including EPC contracts and O&M agreements. His expertise also includes advising on overseas infrastructure projects.
Testament to his reputation as a leader in his field, he is regularly requested to present seminars on Japanese-Canadian business matters. Peter is a registered foreign lawyer (gaikokuho jimu bengoshi) and is fluent in Japanese.
- Osgoode Hall Law School at York University (J.D.)
- Columbia University (B.A.)
- 2011 - 2018
- Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu, Tokyo
- 2010 - 2011
- Baker & McKenzie GJBJ Tokyo Aoyama Aoki Koma Law Office, Tokyo
- 2008 - 2010
- Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP, Toronto, Canada