We offer a comprehensive range of legal services in the area of asset management, from documentation to compliance and product design and planning, in order to meet changing legislation. We advise not only on traditional asset management business, such as investment trusts (mutual funds) and investment advisors, but also on structuring, documentation and fund formation of alternative investments, such as private equity funds, infrastructure funds, venture capital investment funds, private placement real estate funds and other domestic funds, offshore funds, such as hedge funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). We also advise on M&A and fund raising in the investment/exit stage after fund formation. Our services also extend to other general asset management business, including analysis and advice on investment in funds by institutional investors, formation and sale of various financial products, such as REITs and commodity funds.
- Related practice areas
- M&ADefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalIncorporated Associations & FoundationsFinance Regulations/ComplianceAsset Management/FundsREIT/Real Estate FinanceVenture FinanceStructured Finance/SecuritizationAcquisition FinanceFinTechSecurities Litigation/Disputes Related to Financial ProductsCross-border Financial TransactionsTax PlanningInternational TaxationCross-border Transactions (General)Infrastructure/PPPHong KongSingaporeEU & EU Member StatesUnited States
- Major Asian Real Estate Investment Company - Acquisition of ski resort and hotel business in Hokkaido, Japan
- Pattern Energy Group LP: Financing of Japan’s largest wind and solar energy investment fund
- Japan Display Inc. - Additional capital alliance and fund procurement with Ichigo Trust
- East Japan Railway Co. - Entry into real estate fund business
- Nippon Life: Agreement with Deutsche Bank and DWS to invest in DWS
- Nippon Life: Conversion of Nissay Asset to wholly-owned subsidiary
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.: Integration of Trust & Custody Services Bank, Ltd. with Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.
Japan as an “International Financial Center Open to the World”: Introduction of the Specially Permitted Business for Foreign Investors, etc., and the Specially Permitted Business during Transition Period ExemptionsFinance Law Newsletter
The Asia Region Funds Passport in Thailand: Rules & Registration ProceduresFinance Law Newsletter
The Asia Region Funds Passport in Thailand: Rules & Registration ProceduresAsia Newsletter
Japan: Proposed Regulatory Regimes for Foreign Investment Managers and Deregulation of Foreign Corporate Client Information HandlingFinance Law Newsletter
Thai Regulation on Foreign Companies (2/2) - Basic regulations on banking, money lending, finance leasing, and real estate businessFinance Law Newsletter
Thai Regulation on Foreign Companies (1/2) Business Operation under the Foreign Business ActFinance Law Newsletter