Nishimura & Asahi advises various automotive manufacturers and auto parts manufacturers across the globe, including both domestic and global leading manufacturers. As a reflection of the immense range of business activities undertaken in the industry, we provide legal services in a variety of fields including general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, joint ventures, tax, dispute resolution, financing, anti-trust, corporate crisis management and trade commerce.
Among Nishimura & Asahi’s numerous fields of advice, the firm notably advises clients in relation to recall and other market measures that involve particularly complex and difficult legal issues. Further, in the earlier half of the 2010’s, the Japanese auto parts industry was subject to cartel investigations of a competition authority on a global scale, and, along with the automotive industry, investigations of various regulators in relation to mislabeling and safety issues. Nishimura & Asahi endeavors to protect the interests of Japanese clients in relation to concerns in the automotive and auto parts industries as described above by utilizing their global network of firms and working in close co-operation with local law firms across the world in both major and minor jurisdictions.
Nishimura & Asahi provides the highest-quality legal services to the automotive and auto parts manufacturers industry by employing experts in the field and co-collaborating with domestic and overseas offices of the firm to utilize all resources and achieve a positive outcome for our clients.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. – Collaboration with General Motors Co. and Cruise LLC on self-driving vehicles in Japan
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - MOU on a strategic alliance with General Motors Co.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Strategic alliance and investment in CATL
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Joint Development of Next-Generation EV with General Motors
- JapanTaxi Co., Ltd. - Integration of the taxi dispatch businesses of Nihon Kotsu Holdings Co., Ltd. and DeNA Co., Ltd.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Integration and merger with its consolidated subsidiaries
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Integration of Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd., Keihin Corporation, Showa Corporation and Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of Drivemode, Inc.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Partnership with MONET Technologies Inc.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd./Honda R&D Co., Ltd. - Integration of the motorcycle development division of Honda R&D