We provide structuring, documentation, legal analysis and advice for various types of financial transactions, from traditional ones to advanced ones, including individual loans, syndicated loans, nonrecourse loans and subordinated/mezzanine loans from private or government-managed financial institutions. We also advise on trading derivatives in various indices, such as currencies, interest, credit events and weather, financial institutions' expansions into new businesses or overseas expansions in terms of compliance with the Banking Act, Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, Trust Business Act, and Insurance Business Act, as well as foreign laws and regulations, and the handling of capital adequacy requirements of financial institutions. Our expertise in domestic and international financial systems allows us to offer legal services that meet the increasingly complex and diversified needs of financial institutions.
- Related practice areas
- Finance Regulations/ComplianceREIT/Real Estate FinanceVenture FinanceStructured Finance/SecuritizationAsset FinanceProject FinanceAcquisition FinanceDerivativesFinTechSecurities Litigation/Disputes Related to Financial ProductsCross-border Financial TransactionsCorporate Reorganization & Civil RehabilitationBankruptcyLiquidation Proceedings/Special Liquidation ProceedingsOut-of-Court WorkoutsEarly Stage RestructuringInheritanceBusiness Successions
- AirAsia Aviation Ltd. - Fund raising and group restructuring of AirAsia’s business in Thailand
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. - Sale of MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- Resona Holdings, Inc. - Agreement to make Kansai Mirai Financial Group, Inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary
- Adoption of a holding company structure by a financial institution
- Hana Financial Investment - Acquisition of Yamaguchi Shin Mine from Canadian Solar Inc.
- 2019 -
- Proximar - Development of Aquaculture Facility
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc./Mizuho Bank, Ltd. - Capital and business alliance between Mizuho Bank, Ltd. and IBJ Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Japan Post Holdings Co., Ltd.: Acquisition of stake in Aflac Incorporated
- Nippon Life: Agreement with Deutsche Bank and DWS to invest in DWS
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.: Integration of Trust & Custody Services Bank, Ltd. with Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.
New Foreign Exchange Regulations to Facilitate Capital Movements and Flexibility in Foreign Exchange TransactionsArticles
Practical Responses Regarding the Revised Japan’s Corporate Governance Code and Point of Views in AuditSeminars
Practices Regarding the Revised Japan’s Corporate Governance Code in Financial InstitutionsArticles
The Financial Action Task Force’s Fourth Mutual Evaluation Report of Japan: A Review and Way ForwardFinance Law Newsletter
Thai Regulation on Foreign Companies (2/2) - Basic regulations on banking, money lending, finance leasing, and real estate businessFinance Law Newsletter
Thai Regulation on Foreign Companies (1/2) Business Operation under the Foreign Business ActFinance Law Newsletter
Tips for Foreign Secured Creditors in Thailand: Requirements for Registration of Securities and Additional ConditionsFinance Law Newsletter