With the rapid technological evolution in the field of biotechnology, various new products and services that utilize biotechnology are arising, including biotech-diagnostic products and other bio-pharma in the medical area, bio-pesticides and genetically modified plants in the agricultural sector, and bio-ethanol and other bio-fuels in the environmental area. At Nishimura & Asahi, attorneys with expertise in the field, who keep abreast of the latest developments, regularly advise on intellectual property, regulatory issues, contractual issues, finance, M&A and disputes. Our clients in this area range from small startups to mega pharmaceutical manufacturers and other major companies as well as universities and research institutes all over the world.
- Bain Capital Private Equity, LP: Acquisition of Scientific Solutions Business from Olympus Corporation
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in Molcure Inc.
- JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation - Sale of Irvine Scientific Group
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin: Diagnostics alliance with Hitachi Chemical
- OAT Agrio Co., Ltd.: Acquisition of Blue Wave Holding B.V.
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of CMC Biologics
- 2017 - 2018
- Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd. - Investment in PeptiStar Inc.
The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Pharmaceutical Advertising 2017 (Japan Chapter)Articles
The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Pharmaceutical Advertising 2016 (Japan Chapter)Articles