Our China Practice Team provides high-quality legal services in Japanese, Chinese and English in various fields of business law between Japan and China.
Our practice covers a wide range of legal areas, such as various types of Japan-China transactions, assistance for Japanese clients establishing subsidiaries in China, daily legal support for Chinese subsidiaries, M&A, IP, antimonopoly/antitrust matters, finance, restructuring, and dispute resolution. Additionally, where Chinese entities, including entities of Greater China, wish to invest in Japan (including acquisition), we offer comprehensive legal advice covering Japanese and Chinese law and the laws of the other relevant jurisdictions to both Japanese clients and such Chinese investors.
Currently, our China Practice Team consists of over twenty members, including Chinese lawyers, Japanese lawyers, and paralegals, proficient in Chinese, Japanese and English. We also have Beijing and Shanghai representative offices, each with two and three Japanese lawyers respectively who are well-versed in Chinese business practices. They are able to respond effectively to the needs of our Japanese and foreign clients and provide finely-tuned legal services, and, as necessary, work with our experts in various areas or cooperate with leading Chinese and other foreign law firms.
- Related practice areas
- Joint VenturesPrivate EquityCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceCorporate & Commercial TransactionsBankingInsuranceFinance Regulations/ComplianceAsset Management/FundsFinTechCross-border Financial TransactionsReal EstateOut-of-Court WorkoutsCross-border RestructuringCivil Disputes Arising from Corporate ScandalsInternational LitigationInternational ArbitrationIP TransactionsTrademark/Design ProsecutionAnti-Counterfeiting/Brand ManagementTrade Secrets/Unfair CompetitionPersonal Data & Privacy/Big Data BusinessesCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceInternal Investigations & Outside InvestigationsAccounting FraudBreaches of Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Laws & RegulationsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasProtection of Commercial Secrets & Customer InformationAccidents, Deception, Misrepresentation of Products & FoodFraud of Directors & Employees such as EmbezzlementWhistle BlowingHandling Overseas Corporate ScandalsCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsLabor LawVisas & ImmigrationCross-border Transactions (General)Global ComplianceTelecommunicationsInternet/Cyber LawEntertainmentMedicine/Medical DevicesMedical Field/HealthcareBiotechnologyElectronicsAutomotive & Auto PartsChinaHong Kong
- Sumitomo Corporation: Sale of Sumitex International Co., Ltd. to Chori Co., Ltd.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Strategic alliance and investment in CATL
- Eton Systems AB - Strategic partnership with INA Intelligent Technology (Zhejiang) Co., Ltd.
- Suzhou Secote Precision Electronic Co., Ltd. - Increased stake in Optima Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of DuluxGroup Limited
- NIDEC-READ CORPORATION: Acquisition of SV Probe Pte. Ltd.
- Conducting due diligence investigations as well as providing legal advices for Innovation Network Corporation of Japan (INCJ) in relation to the Chinese manufacturing subsidiaries of Sony Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Hitachi Ltd., in the transaction
- Providing legal advice to SWCC Showa Holdings Co., Ltd. (listed in the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange)legal issues in relation to Futong Group of China investing in them such as drafting contracts and negotiations, disclosure documents, and the
- Business alliance between Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited and a major Asian finance group (listed on TWSE).
- Advice regarding a Japanese company's business in the telecommunications sector in China.
Commentary: Asia-Pacific's Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement promotes free cross-border data flowsMedia
Trade conflicts between the US and China and measures that should be taken by Japanese companiesMedia