In today’s world, corporate and commercial transactions are increasingly complex and require a multidisciplinary approach and expertise to fully succeed. To provide our clients with the most efficient and suitable advice, we draw on our many strengths across the firm and assign lawyers with the required talent and skill necessary for each transaction. Further, we have extensive experience in supporting our clients in obtaining approvals and permissions necessary for their business. For our domestic clients developing their business outside Japan, we extend our full support in assisting in both legal and taxation issues, responding to their needs in a highly effective manner through the utilization of our local offices and other local resources.
- Related practice areas
- Startups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesIncorporated Associations & FoundationsReal EstateCivil LitigationTax PlanningTax CounselingLabor LawPensionsVisas & ImmigrationConsumer Contract ActAct against Unjustifiable Premiums & Misleading RepresentationsProduct Liability Act, Product Safety & the Recall of Products
- Nomura Securities Co., Ltd. - Launch of Impact Neutralization Trust service
- Capital and business alliance with a leading general leasing company by a leading telecommunications business group
- Shidax Corporation - Capital and business alliance with Unison Capital Partners IV, LPS and Unison Capital Partners IV(F), L.P.
- 2018 - 2021
- Represented a life insurance company to establish a wholly owned subsidiary life insurance company
- 2018 - 2019
- Represented a domestic client to establish an insurance holding company
- Shidax Corporation - Sale of stake in Shidax Community Corporation and issuance of preferred stock
- 2015 - 2016
- Establishment of New Business Venture by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Citigroup - Sale of Citi Cards Japan, Inc.
- KDDI Corporation - Sumitomo Corporation
- 2014 - 2015
- Citibank Japan Ltd. - Sale of its Retail Banking business
Article: Full enforcement of the Act regulating the use of land important from a national security perspective, the initial designation of the covered area, and its impact on foreign operators西村あさひのリーガル・アウトルック
Webinar: Guidelines for Respecting Human Rights in Responsible Supply Chains for Japanese companies in North AmericaSeminars
Energy Charter Treaty (ECT) - Agreement in Principle on the ECT Modernisation Negotiations, Future Developments and OutlookArticles
Article: Outline of Japan’s Guidelines on Respecting Human Rights in Responsible Supply Chains and Points to Consider in the Establishment of a Human Rights PolicyArticles
Formulation of a New National Security Strategy, Economic Security, and CybersecurityCompetition Law / International Trade Newsletter
Construction Contracts in Japan - Key Differences between the Minkanrengo and FIDIC Red Book (1999) - PART THREE: Issues regarding financial exposureConstruction & Infrastructure Newsletter
Japanese Government’s Human Rights Due Diligence Guidelines (1) - Background and Overview of the GuidelinesCorporate Newsletter
Update to Economic Security Promotion Act: Designation of supported materials (specified critical materials) in relation to supply chain resilienceCompetition Law / International Trade Newsletter
Statutory Adjudication in Thailand - A step towards maintaining the cash-flow of contractors during the construction of projectsConstruction & Infrastructure Newsletter
Construction contracts in Japan - Key Differences between the Minkanrengo and FIDIC Red Book (1999) - PART TWO: Price Fluctuations and VariationsConstruction & Infrastructure Newsletter
Construction contracts in Japan - Key differences between the Minkanrengo and FIDIC Red Book (1999) - PART ONE: Force Majeure and Extension of TimeConstruction & Infrastructure Newsletter
Press mention: Green New Deals - ESG driving sustainable M&As (Asian Legal Business Japan- December 2022)Media