In today’s world, corporate and commercial transactions are increasingly complex and require a multidisciplinary approach and expertise to fully succeed. To provide our clients with the most efficient and suitable advice, we draw on our many strengths across the firm and assign lawyers with the required talent and skill necessary for each transaction. Further, we have extensive experience in supporting our clients in obtaining approvals and permissions necessary for their business. For our domestic clients developing their business outside Japan, we extend our full support in assisting in both legal and taxation issues, responding to their needs in a highly effective manner through the utilization of our local offices and other local resources.
- Related practice areas
- Startups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesIncorporated Associations & FoundationsReal EstateCivil LitigationTax PlanningTax CounselingLabor LawPensionsVisas & ImmigrationConsumer Contract ActAct against Unjustifiable Premiums & Misleading RepresentationsProduct Liability Act, Product Safety & the Recall of Products
- Nomura Securities Co., Ltd. - Launch of Impact Neutralization Trust service
- Capital and business alliance with a leading general leasing company by a leading telecommunications business group
- Shidax Corporation - Capital and business alliance with Unison Capital Partners IV, LPS and Unison Capital Partners IV(F), L.P.
- 2018 - 2021
- Represented a life insurance company to establish a wholly owned subsidiary life insurance company
- 2018 - 2019
- Represented a domestic client to establish an insurance holding company
- Shidax Corporation - Sale of stake in Shidax Community Corporation and issuance of preferred stock
- 2015 - 2016
- Establishment of New Business Venture by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Citigroup - Sale of Citi Cards Japan, Inc.
- KDDI Corporation - Sumitomo Corporation
- 2014 - 2015
- Citibank Japan Ltd. - Sale of its Retail Banking business
Industry-based Disclosure Requirements of ISSB Climate-related Disclosure Standard DraftsArticles
Sustainability Disclosure in Consideration of Corporate Disclosure Working Group Reports and Public Drafts of International Sustainability Disclosure StandardsArticles
What Next Generation Lawyers Need to Know to Implement Eff ective ESG Strategies? Taking into account Global PracticesSeminars
Practical responses to U.S. regulations and human rights due diligence relating to human rights infringement on the global value chainArticles
Latest Development and Case Examples of Narrative Information Disclosure in Securities ReportArticles
New Provisions for Virtual General Meetings in the German Stock Corporations Act (Aktiengesetz, AktG)Europe Newsletter