Nishimura & Asahi has an impressive track record across a range of cross-border M&A transactions including providing clients with advice on investments in Japanese businesses by foreign investors and strategic partners, acquisitions of foreign companies by Japanese companies to enter into or strengthen their overseas businesses, and the formation or dissolution of cross border joint ventures. With our experienced M&A attorneys and an established network of competent foreign attorneys, we are able to seamlessly handle cross-border M&A transactions covering multiple jurisdictions with different laws and regulations. Regardless of the type of transaction, whether domestic or cross-border, Nishimura & Asahi ensures that it fully understands its clients’ strategic purposes to support them in realizing their goals.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersAcquisition FinanceEarly Stage RestructuringCross-border RestructuringIP TransactionsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsTax PlanningTax CounselingInternational TaxationVisas & ImmigrationCross-border Transactions (General)ChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American CountriesAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Related Tag
- TIS Inc. - Grab Holdings Inc.’s USD 39.6 billion SPAC merger
- Onward Holdings Co., Ltd. - Sale of Jil Sander S.p.A.
- Panasonic Corporation: Sale of Panasonic Lighting Americas Inc.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. - Sale of machine tool business to Nidec Corporation
- Acquisition of shares in, and consolidation of, Soushin Electronics Co., Ltd. (TSE: 6938) by Kamaya Electronics Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Walsin Technology Corporation (TWSE: 2492), through a public tender offer in Japan.
- Hudson Sustainable Group closes its inaugural green bond in Japan
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. - Additional investment in Australia’s MLC Ltd.
- Samty Co., Ltd. - Investment in S-VIN Vietnam Real Estate Trading Joint Stock Co.
- Octopus Energy Group Limited: Joint venture with Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd
- Panasonic Corporation: Sale of Panasonic Lighting Europe GmbH
Amendments to Japan's Foreign Direct Investment Law - Post-Acquisition Ongoing ObligationsOthers
Amendments to Japan’s Foreign Direct Investment RegulationsSeminars
Webinar: Recorded on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020. Publication period: Monday, Septemberl 7, 2020 - Thursday, December 28, 2020 5:00pm
The Long Wait Is Over - The Indonesian Government Finally Releases the New Positive Investment ListAsia Newsletter
Legal Developments and Issues Surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic in BrazilCorporate Newsletter