Nishimura & Asahi has an impressive track record across a range of cross-border M&A transactions including providing clients with advice on investments in Japanese businesses by foreign investors and strategic partners, acquisitions of foreign companies by Japanese companies to enter into or strengthen their overseas businesses, and the formation or dissolution of cross border joint ventures. With our experienced M&A attorneys and an established network of competent foreign attorneys, we are able to seamlessly handle cross-border M&A transactions covering multiple jurisdictions with different laws and regulations. Regardless of the type of transaction, whether domestic or cross-border, Nishimura & Asahi ensures that it fully understands its clients’ strategic purposes to support them in realizing their goals.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersAcquisition FinanceEarly Stage RestructuringCross-border RestructuringIP TransactionsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsTax PlanningTax CounselingInternational TaxationVisas & ImmigrationCross-border Transactions (General)ChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American CountriesAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Related Tag
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Joint venture with LG Energy Solution for EV battery production in the U.S.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. - Sale of Mitsui Phenols Singapore Pte. Ltd. to INEOS Holdings Ltd.
- CoorsTek, Inc. – Carve out and sale of specific business line of CoorsTek KK to MOMQ Holding Co.
- KITO Corporation: Business integration with the Crosby group
- Major Japanese manufacturing company: Sale of automotive parts-related businesses in the United States and Europe
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals Taiwan Ltd. - Sale of OTC pharmaceutical business to Alinamin Pharmaceutical Taiwan Ltd.
- Represented T&D Holdings and its affiliate in Fortitude Re’s total transaction value of $2.2 billion acquisition of Prudential’s legacy variable annuity business
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation - Sale of LS - Nikko Copper Inc.
- Sale of U.S. and European businesses by major Japanese manufacturer
- Daikin Industries, Ltd. - Acquisition of Duplomatic MS S.p.A
New Foreign Exchange Regulations to Facilitate Capital Movements and Flexibility in Foreign Exchange TransactionsArticles
The Frontier of International Trade Law Vol. 11 - Development of Trade Regulations and Corporate Strategy on Human Rights, the Environment and Economic SecurityArticles
Vietnam：Newsletter on ‘M&A Approval Under the New Law on Investment 2020 and Decree 31/2021/ND-CP’Asia Newsletter
The Long Wait Is Over - The Indonesian Government Finally Releases the New Positive Investment ListAsia Newsletter
Legal Developments and Issues Surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic in BrazilCorporate Newsletter
Media mention: Supporting strategic partnerships between Japan and Vietnam in business and lawMedia