Nishimura & Asahi has an impressive track record across a range of cross-border M&A transactions including providing clients with advice on investments in Japanese businesses by foreign investors and strategic partners, acquisitions of foreign companies by Japanese companies to enter into or strengthen their overseas businesses, and the formation or dissolution of cross border joint ventures. With our experienced M&A attorneys and an established network of competent foreign attorneys, we are able to seamlessly handle cross-border M&A transactions covering multiple jurisdictions with different laws and regulations. Regardless of the type of transaction, whether domestic or cross-border, Nishimura & Asahi ensures that it fully understands its clients’ strategic purposes to support them in realizing their goals.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersAcquisition FinanceEarly Stage RestructuringCross-border RestructuringIP TransactionsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsTax PlanningTax CounselingInternational TaxationVisas & ImmigrationCross-border Transactions (General)ChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American CountriesAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Related Tag
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. - Sale of MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation: Acquisition of stake in Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation
- Coleman Research Group, Inc. - Acquisition by VisasQ Inc.
- SK Japan Investment Inc. - Capital and business alliance with TBM Co., Ltd. for development and sales of LIMEX
- Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc. - Acquisition of CAI International, Inc.
- Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. - Investment in Norway’s Elopak ASA
- Hitachi Sustainable Energy Ltd. - Investment in Vietnam’s Trung Nam Wind Power Joint Stock Company
- TIS Inc. - Grab Holdings Inc.’s USD 39.6 billion SPAC merger
- Shionogi & Co., Ltd. - Rescission of tax reassessments
- Onward Holdings Co., Ltd. - Sale of Jil Sander S.p.A.
Vietnam：Newsletter on ‘M&A Approval Under the New Law on Investment 2020 and Decree 31/2021/ND-CP’Asia Newsletter
The Long Wait Is Over - The Indonesian Government Finally Releases the New Positive Investment ListAsia Newsletter
Legal Developments and Issues Surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic in BrazilCorporate Newsletter