In the medical field, and the medicine and medical device fields (including quasi-pharmaceutical products and cosmetics), based on applicable laws such as the Pharmaceuticals Medical Machinery, etc. Act (previously known as the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act), our Life Science and Healthcare Group offers a variety of legal services to domestic and international clients, including advising on issues regarding licensing, approvals, notifications, etc., compliance, risk management raised by non-compliance, defective product recalls, and information management and intellectual property rights, etc. In addition, our Life Science and Healthcare Group has undertaken various M&A cases, taking advantage of the group’s broad knowledge, and provided strategic advice. We provide advice on a broad range of cases, including business mergers, joint ventures, acquisitions, and restructuring among pharmaceutical companies and medical device companies. We retain an exclusive advisor, Mr. Takahisa Murakami, formerly of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, and, therefore, are able to advise on the views of jurisdictional authorities.
- BPEA EQT Pte. Ltd. - Sale of Bushu Pharmaceuticals Ltd. to KKR & Co., Inc.
- Sponsors led by J-Will Partners Co., Ltd. - Investment in Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in Riverfield Inc.
- Shionogi & Co., Ltd. - Rescission of tax reassessments
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited - Sale of healthcare business to Blackstone
- Fukushima SiC Applied Engineering Inc. - Series C fundraising
- Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. - Tender offer for Kawasumi Laboratories, Inc.
- Shionogi & Co., Ltd. - Rescission of tax reassessment
- ORIX Corporation - Acquisition of majority stake in Kobayashi Kako Co. Ltd.
- Towa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of Spain’s Pensa Investments, S.L.
Establishing a legal compliance system to secure the trust of healthcare companies - based on investigations of actual cases of non - compliance by pharmaceutical companiesArticles
Formulation of a New National Security Strategy, Economic Security, and CybersecurityCompetition Law / International Trade Newsletter
Update to Economic Security Promotion Act: Designation of supported materials (specified critical materials) in relation to supply chain resilienceCompetition Law / International Trade Newsletter