Nishimura & Asahi is one of the leading M&A law firms in Japan, and advises clients on mergers and acquisitions in every business field, whether international or domestic, with state-of-the-art knowledge, extensive experience and abundant creativity, conducted with the highest level of professionalism. Our work on M&A transactions includes (i) strategic planning, (ii) legal due diligence, (iii) documentation, (iv) negotiation, (v) communication with relevant governmental authorities, and (vi) procedures for the closing.
M&A transactions involve issues associated with not only corporation law and securities regulations but also tax law, antitrust law, intellectual property law, labor law, bankruptcy law, various business regulations, etc.; therefore, our M&A lawyers closely cooperate with specialists in those areas, and highly value our long-standing cooperative relationships with leading scholars and governmental authorities. With our expertise and considerable experience, we are able to provide our clients with strategic and practical advice and with appropriate solutions to realize a smooth closing and post-merger-integration even in the most challenging transactions.
- Royal Holdings Co., Ltd. - Capital and business alliance with Sojitz Corporation
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in Only Story, Inc.
- TIS Inc. - Grab Holdings Inc.’s USD 39.6 billion SPAC merger
- Onward Holdings Co., Ltd. - Sale of Jil Sander S.p.A.
- Sumitomo Corporation: Sale of Sumitex International Co., Ltd. to Chori Co., Ltd.
- Japan Tissue Engineering Co., Ltd. - Acquisition by Teijin Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation: Sale of Panasonic Lighting Americas Inc.
- Pressance Corporation Co., Ltd. - Capital increase through third-party allotment
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. – Collaboration with General Motors Co. and Cruise LLC on self-driving vehicles in Japan
- Hudson Sustainable Group closes its inaugural green bond in Japan
Benefit analysis for a case involving a transfer of corporate ownership under SCM AgreementArticles
Amendments to Japan's Foreign Direct Investment Law - Post-Acquisition Ongoing ObligationsOthers
Vietnam: Private Placements Under The New Securities Law (as of 16 November 2020)Asia Newsletter
Vietnam: Positive Changes To Tender Offer Rules Under New Securities Law (as of 16 November 2020)Asia Newsletter