We provide specialized legal services related to the development of natural resources, and the procurement of energy and natural resources. As the first Japanese firm to provide legal services in these areas, we are proud of being recognized as a pioneer and leader in this area.
With regard to the development of natural resources, we provide a wide range of legal services including assisting and advising clients with the acquisition or transfer of interests, establishment and management of joint ventures or projects, and coordination between operators and non-operators in the course of exploration, development and production of natural resources such as oil, natural gas, coal, copper, and other minerals.
With regard to the procurement of energy and natural resources, we provide our clients with a comprehensive range of legal services including drafting, negotiating, and renegotiating agreements of sale and purchase of crude oil, liquefied natural gas, coal, copper concentrate, and other minerals or concentrates.
Our team consists of both Japanese and foreign attorneys with expertise in these industries, and with our growing network of overseas law firms, we are able to provide our clients with the highest quality legal services.
- Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. - Investment in Norway’s Elopak ASA
- Hitachi Sustainable Energy Ltd. - Investment in Vietnam’s Trung Nam Wind Power Joint Stock Company
- Pattern Energy Group LP: Financing of Japan’s largest wind and solar energy investment fund
- Hudson Sustainable Group closes its inaugural green bond in Japan
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. - Tender offer to fully acquire TOA Oil Co., Ltd.
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. - Transfer of all shares in Shell Lubricants Japan K.K.
- Loan for a methanol production and sales business in Saudi Arabia
- Hana Financial Investment - Acquisition of Yamaguchi Shin Mine from Canadian Solar Inc.
- A leading non-ferrous metal manufacturer making a joint venture its wholly-owned subsidiary
- PT Medco Energi Internasional Tbk - Acquisition of Ophir Energy plc
The Frontier of International Trade Law Vol. 5 - Protection of Human Rights and the Environment, and International Investment PolicyArticles
Changes to decommissioning reserve requirements for solar power projectsNatural Resources & Energy Newsletter
Electricity and Renewable Energy Regulatory Framework in IndonesiaNatural Resources & Energy Newsletter
Recent Regulatory Developments for Utilization of Hydrogen Energy in JapanNatural Resources & Energy Newsletter
Thailand’s Regulatory Framework for Waste to Energy ProjectsNatural Resources & Energy Newsletter
Points of Interest in Japanese Onshore Prospecting Right Due Diligence: Managing the Risk of Post-Investment InvalidationNatural Resources & Energy Newsletter
Mark Tudor and Hiroyasu Konno joined an international group of legal experts supporting Professor Kim Talus in a project to create a "Model Diversion Clause for LNG Sale and Purchase Contract"Notices