We provide private equity firms with comprehensive advice throughout their investment cycle from acquisition by means of leveraged buyout (LBO) or management buyout (MBO) or minority investment including PIPEs, through exit, depending on their investment strategies. At the acquisition/investment stage, we design and propose optimal transaction structures utilizing, among other things, tender offers, squeeze-outs and third-party allotments, as well as transaction finance structures including LBO finance. We also advise on effective strategies to address the risk of shareholder disputes such as appraisal suits, which are increasing in frequency, from the initial phase of the transaction. After the acquisition/investment, we provide strategic advice for the maximization of investment value by: (i) optimizing the capital structure through corporate reorganizations, refinancing of existing debt and co-investments by strategic partners; and (ii) enhancing the target company’s value through roll-ups, the introduction of incentive programs, development of internal management facilitating efficient business operations and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. At the exit stage, we provide one-stop services covering a wide range of exit options including initial public offerings, trade sales and business carve-outs.
- KITO Corporation: Business integration with the Crosby group
- Major Japanese manufacturing company: Sale of automotive parts-related businesses in the United States and Europe
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in ZEALS Co., Ltd.
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Capital alliance with FiNC Technologies Inc.
- Daikin Industries, Ltd. - Acquisition of Duplomatic MS S.p.A
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in Synspective Inc.
- AirAsia Aviation Ltd. - Fund raising and group restructuring of AirAsia’s business in Thailand
- Modulus Discovery, Inc. - Series C fundraising
- Advantage Partners, Inc. - Investment in Neo Corporation
- Goldman Sachs Securities Co., Ltd. - Sale of Japan Renewable Energy Co. Ltd.
Further Regulations on an Initial Public Offering to be listed on the LiVE Exchange: a new secondary market for SMEs and StartupsArticles
Regulations on an Initial Public Offering to be listed on the LiVE Exchange: a new secondary market for SMEs and StartupsArticles