We advise on real estate sales and purchases, investments, leases and management in Japan and abroad. We have experience with large-scale land developments, such as shopping malls and hotels, and with land readjustment and urban redevelopment projects including advising failed land readjustment associations. We also advise on agreements for the design and construction of buildings, and offer advice on a variety of land use restrictions under national and local laws relating to city planning, building standards and landscaping.
- Major Asian Real Estate Investment Company - Acquisition of ski resort and hotel business in Hokkaido, Japan
- Avex Inc. - Sale of Tokyo headquarters building
- Samty Co., Ltd. - Investment in S-VIN Vietnam Real Estate Trading Joint Stock Co.
- 2020 - 2021
- Walalangi & Partners advises on landmark transit-oriented developments in Indonesia
- Yamaha Corporation's acquisition of land in Indonesia for its new manufacturing plant
- Acquisition of Shinkawa East building by Chicony Electronics CO., Ltd. (a Taiwanese company listed on TWSE).
- Investment in multiple pieces of real estate in Japan by CLEVO CO. (a Taiwanese company listed on TWSE).
- 2008 - 2010
- Advise a major leisure industry company in connection with a dispute regarding real estate in the U.S.
- 2006 - 2008
- Advising investors in a dispute involving a major commercial building in New Zealand
- 2005 - 2006
- Representing a major real estate company in connection with a dispute over a major commercial building