The robotics and artificial intelligence industry is a unique area from both a technological and business perspective, and naturally requires specific legal expertise. In addition, since the industry has the possibility of a broad range of applications, it is important to design and analyze businesses from various legal areas. Leveraging the team of Nishimura & Asahi, which has experts in every legal field, we support all types of strategic actions of clients such as business model creation, license agreements, manufacturing agreements, IP strategy, M&A and business alliances, and fundraising, from the viewpoints of laws and practices specific to robotics and artificial intelligence, as well as other laws and practices.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Investment in Helm.AI Inc.
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in A.I. Squared, Inc.
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in Informetis Co., Ltd.
- 2020 - 2021
- Walalangi & Partners advises on landmark transit-oriented developments in Indonesia
- Avex Inc. - Establishment of AI and voice synthesis business with Toshiba Digital Solutions Corporation
Recent development in the competition policy surrounding the digital ad business and the checklist for advertisersArticles
AI as fuel for advanced RegTech - Japan’s Financial Scene: The View From TokyoFinance Law Newsletter
The use of copyrighted works in data sets for machine learning - Commentary on the 2018 reform of the Japanese Copyright ActRobotics/Artificial Intelligence Newsletter