Recently, a number of Japanese companies have started to invest and/or expand their business activities in Vietnam. In response, we have opened two offices in Vietnam, one in Ho Chi Minh City and one in Hanoi. Our firm’s Japanese attorneys, working together with a select team of local Vietnamese lawyers at our offices and from leading law firms in Vietnam, provide a full range of quality services concerning corporate activities of Japanese or non-Japanese companies relating to investments and financing, business alliances, infrastructure construction, labor, compliance, intellectual property and ongoing regulatory compliance, etc.
By increasing our firm’s engagement in the local environment of this complex and dynamic country, we can offer our clients an array of highly focused legal services that are specifically adapted to the needs of investors in neighboring countries including Cambodia, Lao PDR and other ASEAN countries.
Our expertise is unparalleled within the region due to our unique position as the first Japanese law firm to establish and maintain a permanent presence in Vietnam. Our consulting activities with local government agencies on legal policy, and an ongoing seminar series on local economic development issues for our Japanese clients, are just a couple of examples of our commitment to strengthening economic ties between Japan and other Asian countries.
Having now established ourselves firmly in Vietnam, we are able to provide our clients with services they can rely on, grounded in years of experience in the mature Japanese business markets, and with vision, to help chart their future course through the young and rapidly expanding investment markets of Asia.
- Related practice areas
- M&ACorporate & Commercial TransactionsBankingProject FinanceLabor DisputesInternational LitigationIP TransactionsCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceCompetition Law/Antitrust LawInternational TaxationWTO/Regional Trade AgreementsCross-border Transactions (General)ChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaIndonesiaThailandMyanmarIndiaOther Asian Countries
- T Capital Partners Co., Ltd. - Investment in Stripe International Inc.
- Marubeni Corporation: Joint venture with Fujiya Co., Ltd.
- Advantage Partners Inc. and Tokyo Century Corporation: Acquisition of Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.’s energy storage devices and systems business
- JFE Engineering Corporation : Establishment of a joint venture for a large-scale Waste to Energy project in Vietnam
- Hitachi Sustainable Energy Ltd. - Investment in Vietnam’s Trung Nam Wind Power Joint Stock Company
- Sumitomo Corporation: Sale of Sumitex International Co., Ltd. to Chori Co., Ltd.
- ORIX Corporation: Acquisition of majority stake in Sugiko Group Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Samty Co., Ltd. - Investment in S-VIN Vietnam Real Estate Trading Joint Stock Co.
- Mitsubishi Materials Corporation: Investment in Vietnam’s Masan High-Tech Materials Corporation
- Yamato Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of a stake in Posco SS Vina Joint Stock Co.
Explanation of Global Standards and Laws and Regulations of Sending Countries for the Smooth Recruitment of Migrant WorkersBooks
Business and Human Rights: Building Solidarity with Migrant Workers in East and Southeast AsiaSeminars
The Frontier of International Trade Law Vol. 5 - Protection of Human Rights and the Environment, and International Investment PolicyArticles
First Protocol to Amend the ASEAN-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement, Investment Chapter 2Articles
Vietnam: New official guidance on Vietnam’s data localization requirementsData Protection Newsletter
Latest trends in intra-EU investor-state arbitration - a “strange animal” soon to be extinct?Dispute Resolution Newsletter
Vietnam: Have you obtained a registration “badge” from the MOIT for your cross-border e-commerce platform yet?Asia Newsletter
Vietnam: Government promulgates a list of websites that are banned from displaying cross border advertisementsAsia Newsletter
Media mention: Supporting strategic partnerships between Japan and Vietnam in business and lawMedia
Regulations relating to renewable energy in Vietnam (with a focus on rooftop solar power generation)Notices
Commentary: Asia-Pacific's Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement promotes free cross-border data flowsMedia
Hideki Matsushima and Shinnosuke Fukuoka gave lectures at the Kick-off seminar for the reform assistance projects for state-owned enterprises and national banks hosted by the Japan International Cooperation Agency on June 5, 2014.Notices