- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&ACorporate & Commercial TransactionsCapital MarketsBankingStructured Finance/SecuritizationAcquisition FinanceCorporate Reorganization & Civil RehabilitationCross-border RestructuringCross-border Transactions (General)Digital OperationsDigital Innovation
- Admitted in Japan (1999)
Admitted in New York (2005)
Mr. Ueno is a Partner of Nishimura & Asahi, leading an integral role in our restructuring and corporate finance practice group and has been awarded a number of individual recognitions, including “Best Lawyers Japan,” “IFLR 1000” and “Asialaw Leading Lawyers .”
He predominantly focuses on restructuring and corporate finance transactions - both international and domestic, including structured finance and banking - and regulatory matters.
Among the recent transactions, he was involved as a core team member in the corporate reorganization of Japan Airlines Co., Ltd., and the capital restructuring and subsequent reorganization of Tokyo Electric Power Company, Limited while being involved in structured finance transactions with novel structure or asset types at the same time.
He was previously seconded to a top-tier U.S. international law firm for one year following his graduation from Harvard Law School. And, with the background of having spent part of his childhood in the United States, he is fluent in English and has written and spoken on various areas of corporate and banking law in Japan.
- Harvard Law School (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2021 -
- Fellow, INSOL International
- 2004 - 2005
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, New York
- 2011 - 2013
- 2011 - 2012