Personal Information Protection Policy
Nishimura & Asahi (Gaikokuho Kyodo Jigyo) and Nishimura & Asahi LPC, and our overseas offices (specifically, it refers to the offices listed in "Locations" on this page excluding affiliated offices) (hereinafter referred to as “Nishimura & Asahi”), have established the following personal information protection policy for the treatment of personal information within Nishimura & Asahi. Nishimura & Asahi will comply with this policy as well as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”) and other related legislation.
1. Address and Representative of Nishimura & Asahi (Gaikokuho Kyodo Jigyo)
Address: Otemon Tower, 1-1-2 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8124, Japan
Representative: Ryutaro Nakayama, Managing Partner, Nishimura & Asahi (Gaikokuho Kyodo Jigyo)
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
Nishimura & Asahi will specify the purposes of use of Personal Information, and acquire Personal Information in the necessary scope and appropriate manner.
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Nishimura & Asahi will use Personal Information only within the scope of the purposes stated below unless separately notified or announced, or except otherwise approved by law or ordinances.
Personal Information acquired for one purpose included in any of the items set forth below may be used for any of the other purposes included in the same item.
- (i) Provision of legal services:
・provision of legal services;
・responding to various types of inquiries, or the like; or
・other purposes incidental to those mentioned above (including the provision of information, receipt of applications, or the like, set forth under (ii) below).
- (ii) Provision of legal information or details concerning the possibility of providing legal information regarding:
・activities of our firm, or the like (including sending or transmitting letters of greeting, season’s greetings, etc);
・invitations for, or receipt of applications for enrolment and participation in, seminars and symposiums;
・sending or transmission of, or receipt of applications for, newsletters;
・sending or transmission of books and papers; or
・provision of other information within the scope of this item, or receipt of requests for, or inquiries regarding, the provision of such information.
- (iii) Recruitment of attorneys, other professionals, staff or interns:
・provision of information, or receipt of applications for, or inquiries regarding recruitment;
・ongoing communications and provision of information regarding Nishimura & Asahi to applicants for recruitment or those who have received an informal employment commitment;
・personnel management and training for those who have received formal employment offers; or
・other purposes incidental to recruitment activities.
4. Management of Personal Data
Nishimura & Asahi will take all measures that are necessary and appropriate to prevent disclosure, loss, impairment and any other mistreatment of Personal Data. In order to ensure the safe management of Personal Data, Nishimura & Asahi will supervise its attorneys, other professionals and staff as necessary and appropriate. When outsourcing the handling of Personal Data, all or in part, Nishimura & Asahi will supervise all outsourced service providers as necessary and appropriate.
5. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
Nishimura & Asahi will not provide Personal Data to any third parties without the prior consent of the principal identified by the relevant Personal Data or unless authorized or approved by law or ordinances.
6. Joint Use of Personal Data
There may be cases where members of Nishimura & Asahi jointly use Personal Data, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and all other items that are held by members of Nishimura & Asahi. In such cases, the person responsible for management of Personal Data is Nishimura & Asahi (Gaikokuho Kyodo Jigyo).
7. Request for Notification of Purposes of Use, Disclosure, Correction, Discontinuation of Use or other Treatment of Personal Data
With respect to any Personal Data held by Nishimura & Asahi, if the principal identified requests any of the items below, Nishimura & Asahi will first verify that the request is actually being made by or on behalf of the principal, and upon verification, Nishimura & Asahi will respond to the request in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act.
- (i) Notification of the purpose of use of the Personal Data;
- (ii) Disclosure to the principal of the relevant Personal Data that enable identification of the principal;
- (iii) Correction or deletion of, or addition to, the relevant Personal Data that enable identification of the principal; or
- (iv) Discontinuation of use, erasure or discontinuation of the provision to third parties of the relevant Personal Data.
In the case of any inquiry regarding this Personal Information Protection Policy or any treatment thereunder, please contact the following:
9. Modification of this Personal Information Protection Policy
Nishimura & Asahi may modify this Personal Information Protection Policy as necessary, and any such modification will be posted on this website.