- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesStartups & Venture CapitalCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate & Commercial TransactionsTrade Secrets/Unfair CompetitionPersonal Data & Privacy/Big Data BusinessesIT/CloudWTO/Regional Trade AgreementsCross-border Transactions (General)Internet/Cyber LawMedical Field/HealthcareBiotechnologyDigital OperationsDigital InnovationEU & EU Member StatesUnited States
- Admitted in Japan (2006)
Admitted in New York (2014)
Yuko has ample experience in advising many global and prominent companies on their data privacy structures including cross-border data transfer, data breaches and other security incidents, global data compliances and medical/genome data.
She also has had the unique experience of working at an Ad Technology Legal department and a Public Policy department in a leading Internet company in Japan, where she was deeply involved in various matters concerning data in the realm of digital trades, including personal data, privacy, and big data.
Her many years’ professional practice as a corporate lawyer also cover transactional and advisory work in cross-border and domestic M&As, corporate splits, joint ventures, and business alliances, and general corporate matters for listed companies.
- Columbia Law School (LL.M.)
- Keio University (LL.B.)
- 2021 -
- Member, "Special Committee on Global Data Governance" of Z Holdings Corporation
- 2020 -
- Member, Committee for Promoting Open-data in Public Transportation Sectors, of Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan
- 2019 -
- Statutory Auditor, Association of Genetic Information
- 2017 - 2019
- Statutory Auditor, Council for Protection of Individual Genetic Information
- 2013 - 2014
- Yahoo Japan Corporation
- For details, please contact the lawyer/professional.