- Nishimura & Asahi Seminars
N&A Legal Forum
Investments and Regulations (Infrastructure investments, Public bidding, Banking regulations and ESG/environment) in Brazil, Updates 2023
- 14:00～16:00, May 16, 2023 (Doors open 13:30)
- Nishimura & Asahi, Sunrise Hall Otemon Tower 10F
Due to the improving COVID-19 situation and anticipated additional regulatory reforms under the new Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva administration, who took office from January this year, Japanese companies have taken a renewed interest in investing in Brazil. In this seminar, lawyers from Nishimura & Asahi’s Latin America practice and Pinheiro Neto Advogados, a leading Brazilian law firm, will discuss Brazil’s infrastructure investment framework, public bidding procedures and compliance-related issues, new financial regulations, as well as ESG /environmental issues.
- Opening remarks
- Infrastructure framework in Brazil
- Bidding process/ compliance issues
- Coffee Break
- ESG / carbon credit market / environmental issues
- New banking regulatory issues
- The registration period will end once maximum capacity is reached.
- Joining instructions will be sent via email 1-2 days in advance of the seminar date.
- Please be aware that there may be changes to the date, time, location, or content of the event due to unavoidable circumstances.
- Please refrain from recording seminars, or copying or quoting content/materials without permission.
- Please note that we may not be able to accommodate all registrations due to the volume of applications.
Makoto is an M&A/corporate partner. He has advised on numerous cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions for a variety of clients including business entities, financial institutions and private equity funds. He also worked for a leading Brazilian law firm for one year and is a key member of the Latin American Practice Group of Nishimura & Asahi, and provides legal advice to clients that operate businesses in Brazil and other Latin American countries.