The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023: Outstanding Results for Nishimura & Asahi
Hajime predominantly handles restructuring and insolvency, cross-border transactions, securitizations and other structured finance. He strives to provide creative solutions and, leveraging his English language capabilities and wealth of knowledge regarding overseas legal landscapes, his strength is evident especially in cross-border deals. He also handles IT and DX-related matters.
Hajime has extensive expertise in the area of corporate restructuring and insolvency, as well as securitization/structured finance practice (including concession transactions); especially known for his uncanny skills to see through complex issues and the web of differing interests of relevant parties, he is not confined to conventional thinking and instead strives to devise various new deal structures and provide new solutions. He also has an extensive practice in other areas of corporate finance and capital markets, as well as regulatory matters of financial institutions (including Basel accord capital rules). Having spent his youth in the U.S. and having studied abroad, he is fluent in both English and Japanese. He serves as the Firm’s CTO and is engaged in IT/DX-related matters, as well.
- Providing legal advice to a credit facility provider in relation to MTGOX’s civil rehabilitation plan
- Restructuring of an LCC during the COVID - 19 pandemic
- Sharp Corporation's receipt of capital injection from Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
- Representing a major creditor in the Skymark civil rehabilitation proceedings
- Acquisition of Alico’s global business by MetLife, Inc.
Awards & Rankings
IFLR1000 2022-23: Global Recognition, Highest Rankings for Japan in all eight practice areas
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2022: Outstanding Results for Nishimura & Asahi
- Harvard Law School (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- Fellow, INSOL International
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, New York