Updates on Colombian Antitrust Regulations and Enforcement
Kaori Hirose handles a wide variety of corporate crisis management, dispute resolution, and compliance-related matters. She has significant experience and expertise in global compliance cases, including white collar defense cases requiring communication with foreign authorities.
Kaori Hirose primarily specializes in corporate crisis management and compliance-related matters and has particular expertise on global compliance cases.
In that area, she regularly counsels clients on a wide variety of legal issues, including bribery to foreign officials (FCPA), cartels, and other compliance matters involving antitrust laws, as well as product quality/inspection fraud and environmental regulation violations. She provides comprehensive advice throughout the entirety of a corporate crisis, starting from occurrence of the crisis, through internal investigation, to the establishment of preventive measures. She collaborates with local counsel in other countries to support clients in regard to both internal investigations and those by governmental authorities, and also advises global companies on the development of compliance systems and internal rules, etc. under normal corporate operating conditions.
Furthermore, by leveraging the experience she obtained through her secondment to law firms in Latin America, she provides support and legal advice on compliance and general corporate matters to clients that conduct business in Latin American countries.
- Harvard Law School (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo, School of Law (J.D.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- Chapter Leader, Women's White Collar Defense Association (Japan Chapter)
- Chapter Secretary, Women's White Collar Defense Association (Japan Chapter)
- NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION
- Brigard & Urrutia, Bogota
- Machado, Meyer, Sendacz e Opice Advogados, Sao Paulo
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr, Washington D.C.