Asia Business Law Journal's The A-List: Japan’s Top 100 Lawyers 2023
One of Japan's leading business revitalization practitioners who has taken the lead in many large-scale reconstruction projects in Japan. His motto is don’t be limited to conventional ideas and implementation.
Since becoming an attorney-at-law, I have been consistently engaged in bankruptcy and business revitalization practices. In legal arrangements, I have not only fulfilled the duties of a trustee, supervisor, etc., and been involved as a debtor's agent, but have also provided advice to creditors and sponsors that makes full use of such experience. Beyond legal liquidation, I have a reputation for taking the lead in restructuring in the early stages of the process, as well as Out of Court Informal Workouts. In recent years, I have also expanded my sphere of activity into the field of sports practice.
- Sharp Corporation's receipt of capital injection from Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
- Toshiba Corporation: Sale of Westinghouse claims for US$2.16 billion
Awards & Rankings
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023: Outstanding Results for Nishimura & Asahi
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2023: Top rankings for Nishimura & Asahi
asialaw Guides 2023: Nishimura & Asahi recognized in 44 practice areas and industry groups across Japan and Asia
Asia Business Law Journal's The A-List: Japan’s Top 100 Lawyers 2022
- Waseda University (LL.B.)
- Manager of the Bankruptcy Law Division, Legal Studies Department, Tokyo Bar Association
- Board Member, Japanese Association of Turnaround Professionals
- Vice Manager of the Bankruptcy Law Division, Legal Studies Department, Tokyo Bar Association
- Member of the Expert Committee on Reviewing Electricity Rate Electric Power Development Committee under the Advisory Committee for Natural Resources and Energy of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Auditors, Odawara Art Foundation (Public Interest Incorporated Foundation)