Thai Regulation of Fintech Business - Basic regulations concerning payment systems & digital asset businesses
Susumu is a partner in our finance team. He handles a wide variety of cases in the finance sector through leveraging his working experience as a secondee to multiple financial institutions as well as his extensive experience with financial regulations, capital markets, asset finance, M&A transactions, and communication with financial authorities.
After earning his LL.M. at Vanderbilt University Law School in the U.S., he worked as a secondee at a NY office of a leading Japanese bank and the Tokyo office of an international investment bank. Upon returning to N&A, he developed an extensive track record in a broad range of finance matters, including financial regulations, capital markets (especially REIT), ship finance, M&A in the financial sector, compliance, and communication with financial authorities. He is one of the main members of our FinTech practice team and has extensive experience with respect to FinTech-related matters, and has advised a wide variety of clients, ranging from traditional financial institutions to start-ups. He also has particular expertise in regard to the payment space. In addition, he advises clients on financial regulations in M&A transactions involving financial institutions, and has experience in a broad range of cross-border matters, including inbound and outbound transactions.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. and MUFG Bank, Ltd. - Investment in Silvrr Technology Co., Ltd. (“Akulaku”)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation: Acquisition of additional stock in Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. - Sale of all shares in MUFG Union Bank, N.A. to U.S. Bancorp
- Resona Holdings, Inc. - Agreement to make Kansai Mirai Financial Group, Inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary
- KDDI Corporation - Subscription for shares in Jibun Bank Corporation and planned commencement of tender offer for shares in kabu.com Securities Co., Ltd.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (LL.M. in Law & Business Track)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- International Investment Bank (Toyo Office)
- Financial Institution (in New York)