- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesCorporate & Commercial TransactionsCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceAccounting FraudInsider TradingMarket ManipulationFilmEntertainmentMedical Field/HealthcareHealthcare IT/Medical CloudElectronicsAutomotive & Auto PartsChemicalsDigital OperationsDigital InnovationChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmar
- Admitted in Japan (1993)
Admitted in New York (1999)
Mr. Uchima has been a partner in the M&A/corporate group at Nishimura & Asahi since 2002. As counsel for many Japanese and non-Japanese clients, he has advised on many domestic and international M&A transactions, including tender offers, going private, joint ventures, business integrations, spin offs and numerous other kinds of transactions.
Mr. Uchima has also advised extensively on general corporate matters such as corporate governance, distribution agreements, license agreements, labor matters and litigations.
- Harvard Law School (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2019 -
- Lecturer, Keio University Law School
- 2016 - 2018
- Visiting Professor, University of Tokyo Graduate Schools for Law and Politics
- 2003 - 2006
- Lecturer, Chuo University
- 1998 - 1999
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York
Acquisition of shares in, and consolidation of, Soushin Electronics Co., Ltd. (TSE: 6938) by Kamaya Electronics Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Walsin Technology Corporation (TWSE: 2492), through a public tender offer in Japan.