- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate & Commercial TransactionsIP TransactionsTrade Secrets/Unfair CompetitionIT/CloudBreaches of Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Laws & RegulationsCompetition Law/Antitrust LawLabor LawProduct Liability Act, Product Safety & the Recall of ProductsCross-border Transactions (General)Global ComplianceNatural Resources & EnergyTelecommunicationsInternet/Cyber LawEntertainmentMedicine/Medical DevicesElectronicsAutomotive & Auto PartsChemicalsDigital OperationsDigital InnovationTaiwanMyanmar
- Admitted in Japan (2006)
Admitted in New York (2013)
Hiroko Jimbo is a partner at Nishimura & Asahi, advising on corporate and M&A transactions in various industries, including the electronics, automotive and other manufacturing industries.
As a part of the corporate and M&A team, Hiroko Jimbo has had the opportunity to work on numerous M&A transactions, joint ventures, capital and business alliances and technology alliances. In particular, for cross-border capital/business alliance and joint venture cases, she continuously supports the business transactions and business integrations.
Hiroko Jimbo also has the expertise in Foreign Direct Investment regulation of Japan, and engaged in the discussion of the recent amendment of Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act of Japan as a committee member of the Council on Customs, Tariff, Foreign Exchange and Other Transactions of the Ministry of Finance.
- Duke University School of Law (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2020 -
- Working Group Member for Examining Medium and Long-term Strategy, under the Council for Promotion of Foreign Direct Investment in Japan
- 2019 -
- Committee Member of the Council on Customs, Tariff, Foreign Exchange and Other Transactions of the Ministry of Finance
- 2018 -
- Outside Committee Member of the Institutional Review Board of LION, Ltd.
- 2012 - 2013
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Legal Division., Citigroup Japan Holdings Corp. (former Nikko Citi Holdings Inc.)
- 2000 - 2005
- Legal Affairs Division, Toshiba Corporation