- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- Corporate GovernanceCorporate & Commercial TransactionsBankingFinance Regulations/ComplianceCross-border Financial TransactionsInternational LitigationInternational ArbitrationPersonal Data & Privacy/Big Data BusinessesComplianceCyber SecurityWhistle BlowingMoney LaunderingHandling Overseas Corporate ScandalsSecurity Export ControlEconomic SanctionsCross-border Transactions (General)Global ComplianceElectricity/GasNatural Resources & EnergyTurkey/Middle EastAfrica
- Admitted in Japan (1997)
Admitted in New York (2007)
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) (2020)
Chika Igarashi is a partner at Nishimura & Asahi specializing in the fields of (i) Banking and Financial Regulations. Chika also has extensive experience in advising a wide range of corporations on (ii) the countermeasures for AML/CFT (anti-money laundering/countering financing of terrorism) and foreign economic sanctions, including OFAC regulations; (iii) data privacy; (iv) global compliance and governance, including the establishment and implementation of whistleblowing and internal control systems; and (v) dispute resolution and crisis management involving cross-border aspects for corporate clients. She also advises corporations doing business in (vi) Africa and the Middle East.
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M.)
- Keio University (LL.B.)
- 2022 -
- Outside Director, Koito Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- 2021 -
- Member of the Subcommittee on Large-volume Introduction of Renewable Energy and Next-Generation Electricity Network, Advisory Committee for Natural Resources and Energy, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- 2016 - 2020
- Outside Director, Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd.
- 2015 -
- Member of the Committee of Experts (Tokyo District Court)
- United Nations Headquarters in New York
- For details, please contact the lawyer/professional.