- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- BankingStructured Finance/SecuritizationAsset FinanceProject FinanceAcquisition FinanceCross-border Financial TransactionsOut-of-Court WorkoutsEarly Stage RestructuringCross-border RestructuringInfrastructure/PPPElectricity/GasNatural Resources & EnergyChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)BrazilMexicoAfrica
- Admitted in England and Wales (2003)
Registered as a Gaikokuho Jimu Bengoshi (Primary Jurisdiction: U.K.) (2014)
(Not engaged in a Gaikokuho Kyodo Jigyo)
He is ranked in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021 as a "Leading Individual" for "Projects & Energy: International - Japan" and "Banking & Finance: International Asset Finance - Japan".
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021 for "Projects & Energy: International - Japan":
'The "very detailed and hands-on" Adrian Joyce enters the rankings after attracting strong praise from clients for his "prompt reaction and high-quality output in responding to client requests." He has experience acting for domestic and multinational lenders and sponsors on cross-border project financing mandates.'
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021 for "Banking & Finance: Asset Finance - Japan":
'His practice covers shipping issues and project finance, including infrastructure and mining projects. His prior in-house role at a Japanese bank means that "he knows the Japanese banking industry very well," according to a client. Others talk about his experience in vessel projects and find him "very flexible in meeting client needs.'
He is also ranked in The Legal 500 as a "Leading Individual: Gaiben" for "Banking and Finance: International Firms and Joint Ventures (Japan)" as well as in the Japan edition of Best Lawyers 2021. He is fluent in Japanese.
The Legal 500 for Projects and Finance says:
“Adrian Joyce is excellent. He has great sector experience and knowledge. He is energetic, tenacious, positive committed.”
“Adrian Joyce is not only remarkable for his knowledge of LNG shipping sectors from a legal perspective but also from a commercial perspective.”
“Adrian Joyce always gives the project a driving force when parties concerned face obstacles.”
The Legal 500 for Banking and Finance says:
“Adrian Joyce is an excellent lawyer to work with. He is high-energy, flexible, commercial, positive and thoroughly knowledgeable.”
“Adrian Joyce is a very hardworking lawyer. He always exhibits tireless efforts in all aspects of his professional attributes.”
- The University of Law (PGCE; LPC)
- Waseda University (MBA)
- The University of Sheffield (B.A.)
- 2009 - 2020
- Norton Rose Fulbright, Tokyo
- 2006 - 2009
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd., London
- 2004 - 2006
- CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP, London
- 2001 - 2004
- Taylor Wessing, London