Nishimura & Asahi (“N&A”) opened an office in New York in October 2018.
Our expansion to New York underlines our commitment to our Japanese clients, and to our international clients who are taking advantage of increasing opportunities to invest in Japan. Our goals for New York include providing seamless support, a closer and more convenient presence and a coordinating point for our large number of Japanese clients as they do business in North America and Latin America.
Our New York office focuses on supporting our clients’ transactions, disputes and regulatory matters. The office will advise on Japanese law on a wide range of transactions involving Japanese, US and international businesses, assets and clients. Our operation in New York is supported by N&A lawyers in our Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong and Shanghai offices, among others. Our clients in the US, Canada, and Latin American countries will enjoy top-quality services, the convenience of having prompt, direct communication with the attorneys at N&A NY, and 24-hour capabilities provided by a team of attorneys from N&A NY and N&A’s Tokyo base.
- By Subway B/D/F/M Line
- Directly connected from 47-50 Street-Rockefeller Center Station
- By Subway N/R/W Line
- 3 minutes from 49 Street Station
- By Subway 1 Line
- 3 minutes from 50 Street Station
- By Amtrak/NJ Transit/LIRR
- 20 minutes from Pennsylvania Station
- By Metro North
- 13 minutes from Grand Central Station
- By taxi
- 60 minutes from John F. Kennedy International Airport
35 minutes from LaGuardia Airport
40 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport
Attorneys at this office
- October 19, 2018
- Notice of opening of our New York office
- June 27, 2018
- Nishimura & Asahi to open office in New York
- Practice Areas
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesIncorporated Associations & FoundationsCorporate & Commercial TransactionsCapital MarketsFinance Regulations/ComplianceAsset Management/FundsAsset FinanceDerivativesFinTechCross-border Financial TransactionsCross-border RestructuringTax DisputesAlternative Dispute ResolutionCivil Disputes Arising from Corporate ScandalsCompetition/Antitrust Civil Litigation Investor-State Dispute SettlementInternational LitigationInternational ArbitrationCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceInternal Investigations & Outside InvestigationsBreaches of Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Laws & RegulationsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasFraud of Directors & Employees such as EmbezzlementWhistle BlowingMoney LaunderingHandling Overseas Corporate ScandalsCompetition Law/Antitrust LawCompetition/Antitrust Compliance & PlanningCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsTax PlanningTax CounselingInternational TaxationVisas & ImmigrationWTO/Regional Trade AgreementsInternational Investment Agreements & ISDSTrade Remedies & Defenses (Anti-dumping, CVD & Safeguards)Customs & TariffsGovernment ProcurementSecurity Export ControlCross-border Transactions (General)Global CompliancePro BonoMedicine/Medical DevicesMedical Field/HealthcareUnited StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American Countries