Law Firm of the Year at ALB Japan Law Awards 2021
Yasunori has a broad range of experience in the field of corporate law, including M&A and corporate governance matters. In particular, he handles M&A transactions involving listed companies, defenses to hostile takeovers, and responses to shareholder activism.
Since joining Nishimura & Asahi in 2006, Yasunori has dealt with various M&A transactions in Japan and overseas. In particular, with respect to transactions involving listed companies, he excels at strategizing flexibly based on the complex circumstances and needs of the parties concerned, and seeing such projects to completion. When handling M&A transactions, he places an emphasis on maximizing the benefit to his clients while giving due consideration to the overall benefit to all of those involved. In addition to the above, Yasunori has advised on defenses against hostile takeovers and responses to shareholder activism for companies such as Toshiba Machine (currently Shibaura Machine) and Tokyo Kikai Seisakusho. In recent years, he has also provided advice for the acquisition side of hostile takeovers, with industrial companies as his clients.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries – Acquisitions of Nissin Electric and TECHNO ASSOCIE through tender offers
- Advantage Partners Inc. and Tokyo Century Corporation: Acquisition of Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.’s energy storage devices and systems business
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Co., Ltd. - Business Integration through Merger with Hitachi Capital Corporation
- 2015 - 2017
- Acquisition of Nisshin Steel Co., Ltd. by Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
Awards & Rankings
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (LL.M.)
- Kyoto University (LL.B.)
- Lecturer, University of Tsukuba, Graduate School of Business Science
- Visiting Professor, Osaka University Law School
- Nomura Holding America Inc., New York
- Shearman & Sterling LLP, New York