- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesIncorporated Associations & FoundationsCorporate & Commercial TransactionsCapital MarketsAsset Management/FundsEnvironmental LawInsider TradingMarket ManipulationOther Breaches of the Financial Instruments & Exchange ActGlobal ComplianceLobbying & Contributing to Planning & Enacting of Public Policy
- Admitted in Japan (2010)
Keita has experience of working in the Financial Services Agency of the Government of Japan as a government official who has been in charge of the revisions of Japan’s Corporate Governance Code and Japan’s Stewardship Code. Furthermore, he has gained practical experience in Fidelity International, which is one of the largest global asset management companies, through engaging with investee companies, in proxy voting, and sustainable investing in the Investment Management Department.
He applies this experience to provide legal services on various corporate matters, including corporate governance, sustainability-related matters, M&A transactions, and relationships with shareholders. He provides tailored advice on the matters by properly considering the interests of multi-stakeholders based on his extensive knowledge and experience in the field. For example, he advised Tokyu Fudosan Holdings Corporation on the sale of Tokyu Hands Inc. to Cainz Corporation in 2021.
He has also authored numerous books and articles, and he has been a regular speaker at lectures and seminars on practical legal issues.
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo, School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- 2022 -
- Member of Working Group on ISO/TC309, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japanese Industrial Standards Committee
- 2019 - 2020
- Investment Management Department, Fidelity International Limited, Tokyo (specializing in engagement, proxy voting and sustainable investing)
- 2016 - 2018
- Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency (specializing in Japan's Corporate Governance Code and Japan's Stewardship Code)