- Japanese English Burmese
- Practice areas:
- Cross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceCorporate & Commercial TransactionsLiquidation Proceedings/Special Liquidation ProceedingsAlternative Dispute ResolutionCivil Disputes Arising from Corporate ScandalsCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceProtection of Commercial Secrets & Customer InformationFraud of Directors & Employees such as EmbezzlementWhistle BlowingHandling Overseas Corporate ScandalsLabor LawEconomic SanctionsLobbying & Contributing to Planning & Enacting of Public PolicyInfrastructure/PPPTelecommunicationsMedicine/Medical DevicesMedical Field/HealthcareAutomotive & Auto PartsMyanmar
- Admitted as a Higher Grade Pleader of Republic of the Union of Myanmar (re-registered in 2013)
Admitted as an Advocate of Republic of the Union of Myanmar (2021)
(Not Admitted in Japan)
Mr. Kyi Chan Nyein is a Myanmar qualified lawyer who provides advice in both Japanese and the Myanmar language to mainly Japanese companies that are considering expanding or which have already expanded their businesses into Myanmar.
He specializes in mergers & acquisitions including legal due diligence, drafting, and executing and negotiating joint-venture and share transfer agreements; labor & employment matters including dispute resolution between employers and employees, and redundancy arrangements, etc.; the acquisition of various licenses for various business sectors; negotiations with Myanmar government authorities for various projects; and general legal research relating to Myanmar. He also has a wide range of experience advising on matters relating to telecommunications, logistics, construction, finance and dispute resolution.
Mr. Kyi Chan Nyein has a broad network in Myanmar including with government authorities, through his involvement in various law-reform projects, research on Myanmar’s legal system, and his long-term experience in Myanmar.
He is the recipient of several awards including Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2017 (Rising Star), Asialaw Profiles 2018 (Recommended Individuals), and Chambers Asia-Pacific 2022 (Associates to Watch).
- Waseda University Graduate School of Law, Public International Law (LL.M.)
- Waseda University (LL.B.)
- Center for Japanese Language Waseda University (Japanese Language Advanced Course)
- University of Taunggyi (LL.B.)
- 2021 -
- Member of Myanmar Association of Insolvency Practitioners Inc.
- 2021 -
- Member of Bar Council of Myanmar
- 2018 -
- Member of the International Bar Association
- 2018 -
- Member of Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- 2017 -
- Member of Myanmar Automobile Manufacturers and Distributors Association
- 2015 -
- Member of Yangon Bar Association
- 2014 -
- Yangon Office
- Higher Grade Pleader of Myanmar (re-registered)
- 2006 - 2007
- LEARNERS English & Japanese Centre (Myanmar)
- 2005 - 2006
- Myat Kaung & Partners Law Firm (Myanmar)
- For details, please contact the lawyer/professional.