New Year Special Edition: Asia, the Middle East & Africa (January 2015)
- Beijing Representative Office Chief Representative
Azusa Nakashima’s strength is in cross-border deals related to China. She has been involved in numerous acquisitions, joint ventures and withdrawals in China, primarily M&A deals related to China.
Having many years of experience in Chinese business, she is well versed in Chinese legislation and practice. She is skilled at providing realistic risk assessments and balanced solutions based on local legal systems and operational practices, while understanding client needs. She can provide wide-ranging support for Chinese investments by Japanese companies, M&As, general corporate law, compliance, labor law and international transactions in China, leveraging an accurate understanding of the Chinese legislation and a sense of local practice. In addition to being involved in numerous acquisitions and joint ventures in China with Japanese companies as clients, M&A transactions of Chinese affiliates due to the restructuring of Japanese companies, and designing transaction schemes for target companies (operating companies) after M&A transactions, she also supports on-site surveys for fraud investigations at Chinese subsidiaries.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries – Acquisitions of Nissin Electric and TECHNO ASSOCIE through tender offers
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Co., Ltd. - Business Integration through Merger with Hitachi Capital Corporation
- 2019 - 2020
- Showa Denko K.K. - Tender offer for Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- NIDEC-READ CORPORATION: Acquisition of SV Probe Pte. Ltd.
- Chief Representative of Beijing Representative Office
- Tsuyuki & Akazawa Law Offiice
- Lecturer, Asian Law, Meiji Gakuin University Law School
- Soga Uryu & Itoga, Tokyo and Beijing