EU Foreign Subsidies Regulation: A new control regime for M&A transactions in the EU
Maximilian is a German corporate lawyer in our Frankfurt and Düsseldorf offices, and he is fluent in Japanese. He has significant experience in advising clients on cross-border corporate and commercial matters, especially regarding inbound and outbound investments concerning Japan and Asia.
Maximilian’s practice covers cross-border M&A transactions, set-up of cross-border Joint Ventures, and day-to-day commercial business activities of international corporations in Europe. He lived in Japan for more than two years including a one-year research fellowship at Kyoto University. Before joining Nishimura & Asahi, Maximilian worked at leading law firms in Germany focusing on legal advice to international clients especially from Japan, China and other Asian jurisdictions.
Leveraging his professional and intercultural experience, Maximilian is considerate of the client’s business culture and provides tailored solutions also by coordinating closely with legal counsel from other European jurisdictions, where necessary.
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe University (Ph.D.)
- Kyoto University (DAAD Ph.D.-Scholarship)
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe University (First State Examination)
- Ryukoku University (DAAD Scholarship)
- Görg Rechtsanwälte mbB, Frankfurt
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal Aktiengesellschaft, Düsseldorf