Most Nominations at Women in Business Law Awards Asia-Pacific 2022
Taeko Morita is a partner and her practice area covers a wide range of general corporate matters. Recently, she has been focusing on areas of corporate governance and handling matters related to consumer law.
Since she joined Nishimura & Asahi in 2004, she has been involved in various types of corporate matters, including M&A, compliance and corporate group internal controls. She handles in day-to-day matters as well as strategic and special situations, and can provide business advice. With respect to corporate governance matters, she provides practical advice on the full spectrum of corporate governance matters including administration of shareholder meetings, company organization structures, disclosure, administration of the board of directors, board evaluations, executive compensation, and company indemnification. She also has extensive experience in the field of consumer law matters, such as how to respond to consumer-law related regulations, consumer organizations, and investigations by authorities. She has expertise and provides advice on advertising, marketing activities, and e-commerce.
- ORIX Corporation: Basic agreement to acquire shares of DHC Corporation
- Z Holdings Corporation: Conversion of PayPay Corporation into a Consolidated Subsidiary of Z Holdings
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited - Sale of healthcare business to Blackstone
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Sale of generics pharmaceutical business and plant
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Holdings, Inc. - Business alliance with Uzabase, Inc.
Awards & Rankings
Top attorneys in Japan: Best Lawyers - 2021 edition
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (LL.M.)
- Kyoto University (LL.B.)
- Chairperson of the Environment Council consisting of three bar associations in Tokyo
- Chair of the Environmental Committee of the Dai-Ichi Tokyo Bar Association
- Member of Japanese National Committee for ISO/TC309, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japanese Industrial Standards Committee
- Member of Working Group on ISO/TC309/WG1, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japanese Industrial Standards Committee
- Outside Corporate Auditor, ICJ, Inc.
- Outside Corporate Auditor, COSMO OIL Co.,Ltd.
- Legal Dept. Mitsubishi Corporation