Chambers Global 2023: Top rankings for Nishimura & Asahi
"He is “definitely up-and-coming” and “one of the smartest young lawyers” in the market. He enters the rankings owing to wide-spread praise for his corporate law practice, which spans M&A transactions, joint ventures and buy-outs. “His knowledge, experience and capabilities are top class,” adds an impressed client."Chambers, Corporate/M&A: Domestic (Asia-Pacifice 2020)
"He is described by market sources as "a very good counsel" who "is a very clear and commercially minded lawyer."Chambers, Corporate/M&A: Domestic (Global/Asia-Pacific 2022)
"He is described as a “very competent and diligent” lawyer, whose “client service and commercial awareness is very good."Chambers, Corporate/M&A: Domestic (Asia-Pacifice 2021)
Takahiko’s strengths are his ability to handle a wide range of deals in a flexible and timely manner, and his extensive experience in PE funds, cross-border transactions, as well as TMT and pharmaceutical industry-related M&A transactions.
Takahiko handles a wide range of domestic and international M&A transactions, general corporate matters, and labor matters. In particular, he has extensive experience in private equity fund investments, cross-border transactions (mainly in Europe and the U.S.), as well as TMT and pharmaceutical industry-related M&A transactions. Regardless of the difficulty or complexity of a case, his policy is to respond in a flexible, appropriate, and timely manner in accordance with his clients’ needs and expectations. He is also actively involved in D&I activities and pro bono work.
- 2020 - 2021
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts: Acquisition of Seiyu GK
- MUFG Bank, Ltd. - Increased shareholdings in Bank Danamon and Bank BNP
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts: Acquisition of Hitachi Kokusai Electric
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of CMC Biologics
- 2014 - 2015
- Citibank Japan Ltd. - Sale of its Retail Banking business
Awards & Rankings
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023: Outstanding Results for Nishimura & Asahi
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2023: Top rankings for Nishimura & Asahi
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., Dean's Graduate Award)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- Outside Director, Sight Visit Inc.
- Lecturer, Waseda Law School (Corporate Reorganization and M&A)
- Legal Division., Citigroup Japan Holdings Corp. (former Nikko Citi Holdings Inc.)
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, New York