Asian-MENA Counsel - Deals of the Year 2012
Yuji is a partner in our M&A and corporate team. With over 20 years’ experience, he has extensive expertise in M&A, joint venture, activism, private equity, compliance, general corporate, cross border transaction and crisis management matters, etc.
Yuji’s practice includes a wide range of M&A, investment, and joint venture transaction, etc. involving a Japanese company and a foreign company / investment fund; in that transaction, he represented both parties through successful completion of the transaction. With his seasoned experience of acquisition matters by foreign investment funds, he advises numerous Japanese listed and unlisted companies on activism matters. He has received accolades from his clients that (i) he is very pragmatic and proactive (ii) he always gives a good, commercial view of the bigger picture around a situation with deep understanding of his client and (iii) he has an ability to ‘put himself in his clients’ shoes. He is also active in the Firm’s Asia practice such as India, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam.
- Hitachi Transport System, Ltd. - Tender offer by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. - Sale of all shares in MUFG Union Bank, N.A. to U.S. Bancorp
- 2016 - 2021
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. - Acquisition of Hitachi Capital Corporation by MUFG and Mitsubishi UFJ Leas & Finance Company Limited / Integration of Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited and Hitachi Capital Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation - Integration of LSI Business by Panasonic Corporation, Fujitsu Limited and Development Bank of Japan Inc.
- 2008 - 2010
- Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Co., Ltd. - Integration of Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Co., Ltd. and the investment banking operation of Morgan Stanley Japan Securities
Awards & Rankings
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (LL.M.)
- Waseda University (B.A., Science of Economics)
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, New York