- Notice of the appointment of our new partners
Yutaka is a partner in our corporate and M&A team. With around 15 years’ experience, he has impressive corporate experience, having worked on both cross-border and domestic M&A and private equity deals.
Yutaka has represented Japanese and international clients such as major manufacturing companies, general trading companies, real estate developers, general contractors, telecommunication companies, natural resource and energy companies, steel makers, PE funds, and venture capital companies in complex domestic and cross-border transactions, as well as commercial litigation involving cross-border matters. He regularly works on international transactions and provides services for international clients. When it comes to Japanese deals, he excels at handling carve-out transactions, which tend to have numerous, complicated issues.
- SiS International Holdings Ltd. - Acquisition of Awashima Hotel and related assets
- City Developments Limited - Acquisition of portfolio of 25 residential properties from BentallGreenOak
- Sumitomo Electric Industries – Acquisitions of Nissin Electric and TECHNO ASSOCIE through tender offers
- Advantage Partners Inc. and Tokyo Century Corporation: Acquisition of Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.’s energy storage devices and systems business
- Major Asian Real Estate Investment Company - Acquisition of ski resort and hotel business in Hokkaido, Japan
- Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M.)
- Keio University Law School (J.D.)
- The University of Tokyo (B.A.Economics)
- Part-time General Counsel for Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (June 2016 - June 2017)
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, New York (August 2013 - October 2014)