The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023: Outstanding Results for Nishimura & Asahi
Shintaro specializes in international engineering and construction of infrastructure projects around the world, with a particular focus on Japan and Asia. He has extensive experience advising on a wide range of projects, including semiconductor plants, data centers, high-speed railways, motor highways, submarine cables, coal-mining process facilities, Mass Rapid Transit, high-rise buildings, lithium hydroxide plants, various types of power plants, tunnels, ports, dredging, offshore wind, and water treatment and supply facilities, with primary contracts based on the standard FIDIC contract forms (including Redbook, Yellowbook, Silverbook 1999 and 2017 version), Minkanrengo Building contract, Nikkenren Design Build and ENAA.
He is one of Japan’s leading experts on FIDIC and other construction-industry contracts.
On the contentious side, Shintaro has represented both employers and contractors in proceedings before Dispute Adjudication Boards, arbitral tribunals, and in the courts of various jurisdictions.
Awards & Rankings
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2023: Top rankings for Nishimura & Asahi
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2022: Outstanding Results for Nishimura & Asahi
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- Co-representative of Singapore Office
- Arbitrator, the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Arbitrator, Indonesia National Board of Arbitration (BANI)
- Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (FSIArb)
- Singapore Office
- Certified adjudicator of the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- International Division, Shimizu Corporation, Singapore
- Shearman & Sterling LLP, San Francisco