Nishimura & Asahi wins TrustLaw Innovation Award for its pro bono work
""Takeshi has demonstrated exceptional commitment to the promotion of diversity and inclusion at the firm. He advocated and headed the development of a D&I Promotion Policy, which he drafted and presented to the partners. Outside the firm, he provides ongoing pro bono legal support to a wide range of the community including LGBT+ persons and socially mobile parents. He also helps enable LGBT+ couples to receive the same services and benefits as legally married couples. Within the firm, Takeshi has advised those employing individuals with disabilities on ways to improve the work environment and address those individuals’ needs."Outstanding Ally, Chambers Diversity & Inclusion Awards: Asia-Pacific 2020.
Takeshi is a partner in our M&A team and Sustainability practice. With over 15 years’ experience, he advises on complex M&A transactions as well as social enterprises matters.
Takeshi has handled many complex M&A transactions and provides sincere advice to his clients. He has extensive experience in M&A-related disputes, and is well versed in the various issues facing companies with founding family shareholders. In recent years, he has been involved in many cases involving business and human rights, impact investing, and advises companies from the perspective of sustainability. He is also actively involved in pro bono work and is one of the most experienced in Japan.
- 2015 -
- Business integration between Idemitsu Kosan and Showa Shell Sekiyu
- Launch of Japan version of Grameen Bank
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. - Transfer of all shares in Shell Lubricants Japan K.K.
- Famiee: Partnership certification for LGBT couples using blockchain technology
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. - Transfer of stock in Idemitsu Snorre Oil Development Co., Ltd. to INPEX Corporation
Awards & Rankings
TrustLaw Awards 2020: Pro bono nomination
Most innovative Japanese law firm: FT Innovative Lawyers Awards Asia-Pacific 2020
- Supporting our community: Career session at an elementary school in Kodaira
- Supporting our community: Study session at Saitama Prefectural Urawa Girls' Upper Secondary School
- Supporting our community: Study session, guidance on legal services and panel discussion on women’s empowerment at Saitama Prefectural Urawa Girls' Upper Secondary School
- University of Virginia School of Law (LL.M.)
- Keio University (LL.B.)
- Lecturer, Hitotsubashi University School of Law
- Lecturer, Hitotsubashi University, Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, New York