Since its founding by the late Mr. Nishimura, Nishimura & Asahi has provided its clients with legal services for their cross border transactions, and the firm continues to expand the range of such services into a growing number of countries.
In addition to the cross border legal transaction and dispute works specifically described in the following chapters, N&A has considerable experience in providing both Japanese and non-Japanese clients with the following traditional legal services relating to cross border transactions:
- advice on foreign direct investment (including negotiations with regulators)
- distributorship agreements
- franchising agreements
- technology license agreements (including negotiations with regulators)
- joint venture and shareholders agreements
Furthermore, Nishimura & Asahi has the necessary expertise in foreign exchange regulations, labor law, real property, competition laws and international trade laws of Japan and foreign countries to advise on these types of cross border transactions and disputes.
Nishimura & Asahi has a long history of providing legal services regards to both inbound and outbound transactions, as well as the increasing foreign direct investment by Japanese companies. In response to this, Nishimura & Asahi has expanded its branch office network in Asian countries, where Japanese clients are expanding their presence, and increased the number of its foreign legal staff qualified in various jurisdictions. Furthermore, N&A’s Japanese lawyers with experience working in India, the Middle East, and Latin American countries provide legal advice relating to these jurisdictions through their close relationships with leading local firms.
- Diageo plc: Investment in Komasa Kanosuke Distillery Co. Ltd.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Collaboration on in-vehicle connected services with Google LLC
- Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. - Business alliance with Bloober Team S.A.
- Hudson Sustainable Group closes its inaugural green bond in Japan
- Octopus Energy Group Limited: Joint venture with Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - MOU on a strategic alliance with General Motors Co.
- Loan for a methanol production and sales business in Saudi Arabia
- Japan Overseas Infrastructure Investment Corporation for Transport & Urban Development - Acquisition of Cad Railway Industries, Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Materials Corporation: Investment in Vietnam’s Masan High-Tech Materials Corporation
- T&D Holdings, Inc. - Partnership with Carlyle Group to acquire majority stake in Fortitude Group Holdings from AIG
The Frontier of International Trade Law Vol. 6 - Implementation of Human Rights Due DiligenceArticles
Managing Investigations - Best practice in Government and Internal Investigations: JapanArticles
Summary of Dutch Hague District Court case ordering Shell to cut emissions of CO2 by 45% by 2030 relative to 2019 levelsArticles
Thai Regulation of Fintech Business - Basic regulations concerning payment systems & digital asset businessesFinance Law Newsletter
Thai Regulation of Fintech Business - Basic regulations concerning payment systems & digital asset businessesAsia Newsletter
A hard Brexit for European cross-border dispute resolution? - What companies outside the EU and the UK should know (Part II)Corporate Newsletter
A hard Brexit for European cross-border dispute resolution? - What companies outside the EU and the UK should know (Part I)Corporate Newsletter
Mitigating the Risk That Your Business May Be Subject to Potential Myanmar SanctionsAsia Newsletter
Thai Regulation on Foreign Companies (2/2) - Basic regulations on banking, money lending, finance leasing, and real estate businessFinance Law Newsletter
Yuri Sugano and Tatsuaki Murakami were involved in a survey on the chapter “Resolving Insolvency” in Doing Business 2018, published by the World Bank Group, U.S.A.Notices