Since its founding by the late Mr. Nishimura, Nishimura & Asahi has provided its clients with legal services for their cross border transactions, and the firm continues to expand the range of such services into a growing number of countries.
In addition to the cross border legal transaction and dispute works specifically described in the following chapters, N&A has considerable experience in providing both Japanese and non-Japanese clients with the following traditional legal services relating to cross border transactions:
- advice on foreign direct investment (including negotiations with regulators)
- distributorship agreements
- franchising agreements
- technology license agreements (including negotiations with regulators)
- joint venture and shareholders agreements
Furthermore, Nishimura & Asahi has the necessary expertise in foreign exchange regulations, labor law, real property, competition laws and international trade laws of Japan and foreign countries to advise on these types of cross border transactions and disputes.
Nishimura & Asahi has a long history of providing legal services regards to both inbound and outbound transactions, as well as the increasing foreign direct investment by Japanese companies. In response to this, Nishimura & Asahi has expanded its branch office network in Asian countries, where Japanese clients are expanding their presence, and increased the number of its foreign legal staff qualified in various jurisdictions. Furthermore, N&A’s Japanese lawyers with experience working in India, the Middle East, and Latin American countries provide legal advice relating to these jurisdictions through their close relationships with leading local firms.
- MUFG Bank, Ltd. - Acquisition of HC Consumer Finance Philippines, Inc. and PT Home Credit Indonesia
- Major Asian Real Estate Investment Company - Acquisition of ski resort and hotel business in Hokkaido, Japan
- Monstarlab Holdings, Inc. - Acquisition of Dubai's ECAP DMCC
- Diageo plc: Investment in Komasa Kanosuke Distillery Co. Ltd.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Collaboration on in-vehicle connected services with Google LLC
- Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. - Business alliance with Bloober Team S.A.
- Hudson Sustainable Group closes its inaugural green bond in Japan
- Octopus Energy Group Limited: Joint venture with Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - MOU on a strategic alliance with General Motors Co.
- Loan for a methanol production and sales business in Saudi Arabia
Article: The Frontier of International Trade Law (2) - Economic security and actions that should be takenTranscripts of lectures
Case Notes on Investment Treaty Arbitration Awards and Decisions (149) A Case in Which a Tribunal Found a Breach of FET on the Basis of Retroactive Application of Domestic LawArticles
Article: The Frontier of International Trade Law (1) - Human Rights and the EnvironmentTranscripts of lectures
Highlights of a System for Ensuring the Stable Provision of Core Infrastructure ServicesArticles
What Next Generation Lawyers Need to Know to Implement Eff ective ESG Strategies? Taking into account Global PracticesSeminars
Update to Economic Security Promotion Act: Designation of supported materials (specified critical materials) in relation to supply chain resilienceCompetition Law / International Trade Newsletter
Statutory Adjudication in Thailand - A step towards maintaining the cash-flow of contractors during the construction of projectsConstruction & Infrastructure Newsletter
Construction contracts in Japan - Key Differences between the Minkanrengo and FIDIC Red Book (1999) - PART TWO: Price Fluctuations and VariationsConstruction & Infrastructure Newsletter
Construction contracts in Japan - Key differences between the Minkanrengo and FIDIC Red Book (1999) - PART ONE: Force Majeure and Extension of TimeConstruction & Infrastructure Newsletter
New Provisions for Virtual General Meetings in the German Stock Corporations Act (Aktiengesetz, AktG)Europe Newsletter
What can be done to recover air travel demand and maintain flight routes? On the potential of a strategic program for regions × airports × airlinesMedia