- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceCorporate DisputesProject FinanceCompetition Law/Antitrust LawCross-border Transactions (General)Lobbying & Contributing to Planning & Enacting of Public PolicyInfrastructure/PPPElectricity/GasNatural Resources & Energy
- Admitted in Japan (2002)
Admitted in New York (2012)
Main practice areas are M&As, joint ventures, business alliances, compliance and regulations, corporate governance and corporate litigation.
Recently focused on the energy sector including the electricity, gas and heat-supply businesses, and providing legal advice for international and domestic clients on a variety of energy-related areas such as power plants (including renewable power plants under the Feed-in-Tariff system since 2012), LNG terminals, networks, and the energy wholesale and retail businesses; advises on the development of projects, acquisitions, alliances and reorganizations, the development of new businesses, compliance with the new regulations after the reform in the energy retail market and consumer protections, cooperation with governmental bodies, disputes and so on.
- The University of Michigan Law School (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2016 -
- Regional Vice Chair, Asia Pacific of the Energy Group of Lex Mundi
- 2011 - 2012
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, New York
- 2008 - 2010
- Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd.